DASC SWIMMING UPDATES
Club Gala Records (updated since Club Gala 3)
Club Championships Points Totals (updated since Club Gala 3)
Congratulations to three swimmers on setting new club gala records:
- Hugo Douglas-Reeves in 25 m Freestyle for 8&unders breaking a record set in 1994
- Alex Boyer in 200m IM beating the Standard Time to set the first record in this event in 10&under age-group
- Daniel Boyer in 200m Backstroke beating the Standard Time to set the first record in this event in 13&14 age-group
There were also three near misses to records from Alex Boyer (50m Breaststroke), and Daniel Boyer and Will Beukenholdt (both in 200m IM)
The Club Championships Points Table is very close at the top of both the Men's and Women's table with one final gala still to go and points to be won in 100m Breaststroke event.
Club Gala 3 Results (with DQ information included)
A big thank you to everyone who helped out with the Club Gala in any way
- all the DASC volunteers - officiating, marshalling, running, photocopying, handing out medals and fund-raising,
- the coaches and swimmers- there was some great swimming and racing across all the squads
- the Dolphin Centre staff - setting up for the gala and for the electronic timing system
- Ian Proud - expert help and advice
- Carol Bottomley - masterminding the gala entries, programme and results.
Entries are invited by 7.30pm on Tuesday 3 October for any qualifiers in Top Squad and A1, A2 and A3 squads for ther Middlesbrough Hallowe'en Meet (Level 2) to be held at the Neptune on 21 & 22 October.
Please note that you have to have swum faster than the qualifying times.
Gala Entry Form
All DASC entries for Durham Medley Challenge have been accepted.
Meet Information for NDSA Championships (Feb 2018)
All DASC entries for South Tyneside Meet have been accepted.
Diddy League page updated with training rota for Saturdays at Haughton EV 1145-1315 from Saturday 9 September
DASC Training Programme from 4 Sep 2017
September Updates Newsletter
Billingham Autumn Meet DASC Acceptances DASC Rejections
DASC Swim Shop will re-open on Tuesdays:
- 12 Sep
- 26 Sep
Please note that the opening hours are changing to 6.00-7.30pm.
Entries are invited by Tuesday 12 Sep:
- from A3 and B1 squads (and anyone from A1 and A2 squads looking for long course experience) for the Glyn Mettam Memorial B Grade Open Meet to be held in Sheffield (50m pool) on 18 November. Gala Information and Entry Form
- from Top, A1, A2 and A3 squads for the Spenborough Bonfire Bash Sprint Meet to be held in Leeds (note this is a short course sprint meet) on 12 November. Gala Information and Entry Form
Entries are invited by Tuesday 5 Sep from all DASC squads for the next club gala to be held on Tue 19 Sep at the Dolphin Centre.
See Swimming News page for articles on:
- Harriet Rogers and Alice Day at National events
- Harriet Rogers' selection for Phase 1 Swim England Swimming National Pathway Progamme for 2017
DASC Times from Sunderland Summer Splash 8&9 Jul 2017
Gala entries are invited by 6 August from Top, A1, A2 and A3 squads for the South Tyneside Autumn Meet to be held at Pier Parade, South Shields on Saturday & Sunday on 30 September & 1 October.
DASC Committee 2017-18 Who's Who?
Gala entries are invited by 29 August from Top, A1, A2 and A3 squads for the Durham City Medley Challenge to be held at Freemans Quay Durham on Sunday 15 October.
DASC Competition Calendar 2017-18 Version 1
Gala entries are invited by 1 August from Top, A1, A2 and A3 squads for the Billingham Autumn Meet to be held at Billingham Forum Leisure Centre on 23&24 September.
Gala entries are invited by 12 September from all squads except B3 squad for our own Darlington Dander Meet to be held at the Dolphin Centre on Sunday 8 October.
Swim England North East Age Group Championships Information
28&29 October 2017 at Sunderland Aquatics Centre.
Short Course (25m)
Swim England North East Senior and Junior Championships Information
4&5 November 2017 at Sheffield
Long Course (50m)