DASC Qualified Gala Officials
updated 28 June 17
Congratulations to Allison Matthias who recently completed her final assessment to achieve her Level 1 Judge qualification.
Many congratulations to Billie Bache on passing her Judge 2 gala official's qualification.
Congratulations to Billie-Jean Bache who has recently qualified as a Judge Level 1.
Congratulations to the following DASC members who have recently qualified as licensed gala officials:
John Turver Judge Level 2
Steve Jones Judge Level 1
The Perks of Being a Qualified Gala Official
• Free entry to galas
• A grandstand view of the action
• A free lunch
• Travelling expenses to the gala
• You would be doing your bit to help local swimmers
What more could you ask for?!
If you have to be at a gala, why not benefit from these perks?
Why is it Important
that DASC has Qualified Gala Officials?
• DASC currently does not have many qualified gala officials and it would spread the load for our few very hard-pressed officials.
• DASC is required to provide officials at various galas eg Diddy League galas and local schools galas. For some Championship galas, clubs are required to provide gala officials in order that their swimmers can compete.
• It would be great if we could run our Dander Meet entirely with DASC officials.
• As older swimmers and their qualified parents leave the club, we need to replace them with new officials
The Small Print
To be accepted onto a training course you will need to be a DASC member and registered with the ASA. If you are not already, this only involves filling in one form. The club will pay the costs of this. See Jane Teague